If you own any sort of food business, you likely have a commercial refrigerator. Commercial refrigerators don’t come cheap, so you’ll want to do your best to keep yours properly maintained so it will last you a long time. Here are the top commercial refrigeration maintenance tips to consider.
- Clean Exterior & Interior – Your refrigerator should be cleaned weekly or biweekly. Simply remove items into a cooler and clean shelving and drawers using a solution made up of water, vinegar, and soap. Additionally, you should clean the outside of your refrigerator using an appropriate cleaner for stainless steel.
- Clean Condenser Coil – About every 3 months, it is recommended that you ask us to come and clean your condenser coil. If your condenser coil is dirty and has collected dust, it can be difficult for the coil to regulate its temperature.
- Clean Drain Pans & Tubes – It’s easy for a commercial refrigerator to collect spills. Make sure to always clean out and check your drain pans and tubes for possible buildup that could cause a clog. Consider cleaning your pans and tubes once a month.
- Check Evaporator Coil – The surrounding area around your evaporator coil should always be clean and clear. Blocking airflow can result in your evaporator coil freezing and can lead to possible water leaks.
- Check Gaskets – Your door gaskets play a big role in your refrigeration equipment. If the equipment isn’t sealed shut, it can allow cold air to escape. Check for cracks and broken gaskets and be sure to replace them immediately according to the make and model of your unit.
We hope these refrigeration maintenance tips will keep your refrigeration system working well. If you have any questions regarding commercial refrigeration maintenance and the services we provide, contact us today at L&B Mechanical.