At L&B Mechanical, we are dedicated to providing the best possible boiler services for businesses in the Barrie, Ontario area. You can count on us for an accurate assessment and honest recommendation as to whether your boiler needs maintenance, repair, or replacement. There are several signs that you should reach out to us to have your boiler checked out and get an answer about the boiler services you need.
- Higher-than-normal heating bills- When your heating bills are climbing and it isn’t just because of rising fuel prices, it can be a sign that you need boiler repair, maintenance, or even a replacement boiler.
- Taking too long to heat your building- An inefficient boiler can take a lot longer to get your building warmed up. If it is taking longer and longer each time you turn it on, this is a sign that you need boiler services.
- You are hearing unusual noises- Over time, deposits can accumulate on boilers, and when that happens, you could begin to hear hissing sounds. Maintenance at this stage is generally enough, but if you don’t take care of it in a timely manner, you could face the need for repairs or a replacement instead.
- You smell gas- If this happens, you need boiler services immediately. Shut off the boiler and leave the building to avoid creating any sparks, and then call for help.
- Your boiler is old- If your boiler is more than a decade old, it could be costing you more money than you would like. Failure could be imminent, resulting in the need for emergency boiler services.
- You notice leaks- Leaks are never a good thing and should be resolved as soon as possible to avoid water damage and mould issues.
- You haven’t changed the filters- If you notice that the filter has become clogged and you can’t remember the last time you changed it, it is a good idea to have the boiler checked out.