At L&B Mechanical, we offer a wide variety of furnace services for commercial properties because we understand that heating your building reliably is critical. While we offer 24/7 emergency services, we are dedicated to helping you avoid the need for them. With regular furnace services, many breakdowns and costly repairs can be prevented. Here are some common issues that a furnace can experience and how you can keep them from happening.
- Cracked heat exchanger- While this can happen with age or having installed an oversized furnace, it can also happen from overheating due to an airflow blockage which is an issue that would be resolved with regular furnace services.
- Damaged limit switch- This is a common outcome when you haven’t taken care to resolve dirty filters and your furnace is working harder than it should be.
- Frequent cycling- Various problems can result in this symptom, including impeded airflow from a clogged filter or a thermostat issue.
- Fan issues- A fan can stop working due to worn out ball bearings that would have been noticed and resolved during regular furnace services.
- Insufficient heat- There are several parts that could become faulty and result in diminished heat, including ignition or pilot control issues, a malfunctioning thermostat, or even excess carbon monoxide.
- Strange sounds- It is best to never ignore odd sounds as they can be as innocuous as a loose cover panel or as serious as oil in the combustion chamber emitting dangerous fumes.