A heat pump is an interesting way of heating and cooling your commercial space. The name “heat pump” is a bit confusing to some people because they mistakenly believe that a heat pump is only for heating. However, heat pumps work to both heat and cool your space. Here at L&B Mechanical, we want to be able to assist you with all your heat pump repair needs, and we would encourage you to check out these issues for quick action on your heat pump repairs:
- Pay attention to your pump cycling. Your heat pump should cycle regularly and will usually cycle more often when there is an extreme in temperatures. However, the cycling should leave adequate time to heat or cool the space before starting again.
- Take notice of your energy bills. Many property owners start to notice an issue with their heat pump in their energy bills before they notice other issues. If your bills are significantly different from the same time last year, your heat pump might be to blame.
- Check your thermostat. A heat pump should be able to keep a space warmed or cooled to a fairly consistent temperature. If this is not the case, then heat pump repairs might be in order.
- Is ice accumulation a problem? Heat pumps rely on coils of refrigerant or other coolants to heat or cool a space. If there is ice accumulated on the coils, then you need quick action with heat pump repairs.
- Heat pump is noisy. Your heat pump should be relatively quiet when in use. You should never hear creaking, banging, squeaking or thudding when your heat pump is working properly.
- When was your last maintenance check? Heat pumps need to be maintained in order to keep working properly. If you haven’t had your heat pump properly maintained, then you might be in for a repair.
We hope that this information on heat pump repairs has been helpful. If you need help with a heat pump repair, please contact us today to stay comfortable!