At L&B Mechanical, we pride ourselves on providing quality commercial heating services at affordable rates. One of the most popular heating systems we currently install is heat pumps. They are environmentally friendly and energy-efficient, so they can significantly save you money on your energy bills.
When you call us in for a new heat pump installation, we’ll generally go through the following procedures:
- The first step is to determine the heat pump size needed for your building. Sizing will depend on factors such as the square footage of the space, the number of windows, and the insulation levels.
- Once the size has been determined, the next step is to prepare the site for installation. This typically involves us removing your old heating system and ensuring the area is clean and clear of debris.
- The heat pump installation will involve mounting the unit on a concrete pad or slab, connecting the electrical wiring, and connecting the refrigerant lines. Our expert technicians will also ensure the unit is appropriately level and all the connections are secure.
- Our technicians will then test the unit to ensure it works properly. We’ll check your heat pump for the proper refrigerant charge, airflow, and temperature.
- Finally, our technicians will provide instructions on properly operating and maintaining the heat pump system at optimal levels. This will also help you determine when to call us for maintenance.
It’s important to note that the heat pump installation process can vary. Some buildings may require additional work, such as ductwork or ventilation installation. But overall, you should expect a fully operational heat pump shortly after prepping. If you would like help with installing a heat pump, talk to us today.